Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Friday, July 8, 2016
Interesting program for US citizens: Many federal government agencies, through the Virtual Student Foreign Service program, are accepting applications through July 22 from undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students interested in e-internships to provide part-time assistance on projects related to research, website design, data visualization, and more.
See more: http://vsfs.state.gov/
See more: http://vsfs.state.gov/
Friday, July 1, 2016
EPA Laboratory Analyst Support Associate
The EPA Environmental Research and Business Support Program is searching for an EPA Laboratory Analyst Support Associate with the Office of Research and Development at the EPA Research Triangle Park facility in Raleigh-Durham, NC. The Support Associate will assemble archived data, perform experiments, and summarize published data for the National Health and Environmental Effects Research Laboratory. The job is expected to begin August 2016.
· Full time, $20.65/hour
· Must have earned a Bachelor’s degree in toxicology, environmental science, cell/molecular biology, or related field
· Must have experience in general lab techniques, cell culture, sterile technique, fluorometric and/or colorimetric assays, and polymerase chain reaction-based assays
· Will perform tasks such as culturing cells, quantifying and analyzing image-based assays, and recording project activities
For the full position description and to apply, visit our website: https://www.zintellect.com/Posting/Details/2388.
Questions? Email EPAjobs@orau.org. To hear more about position openings like this, follow us on Twitter at @GovCareerPaths.
Monday, June 27, 2016
The Nuclear Engineering Science Laboratory Synthesis (NESLS) program is a cooperative research initiative geared toward students working in nuclear engineering and science. Through one- to three-year summer internships, NESLS offers students hands-on experience and research opportunities.
The NESLS program aims to:
· Maximize the abilities of students through cooperative research with mentors at a national laboratory
· Increase on-the-job research opportunities
· Provide a learning environment useful to both national laboratories and students
· Train next generation nuclear scientist
The program is open to full- or part-time students in a nuclear engineering, science, or related degree with a 3.0 GPA. Apply for NESLS Fall 2016 athttp://web.ornl.gov/sci/nsed/outreach/internship_nesls.shtml.
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Clariant is seeking a Research Chemist for its Louisville, Kentucky location. The Research Chemist/Engineer will be responsible for the preparation, testing and development of syngas catalysts, working primarily in the syngas R&D group, potential topics encompass Reforming and Fuel Cell applications.
- Prepare and test catalysts and collaborate in research and development of new products
- Plan and execute catalyst preparations at lab scale
- Conduct catalyst performance evaluation tests for R&D-, technical service- and production support projects, writing final reports
- Gas Chromatography (GC) analysis, calculation and analysis of test results
- Troubleshoot and further develop test units and GC’s and solve test problems with assistance from other group members and maintenance
- Contribute to the execution of CAPEX projects
- Maintain a very organized and detailed laboratory notebook
- Performs other functions as assigned
- Minimum of a BS in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with a GPA ≥ 3.0. A Master’s degree in chemistry is a plus
- 2-5 years or more of hands on experience in an industrial laboratory setting. Experience in catalyst testing, preparation, and GC analysis is a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to be very hands on, flexible, and thrive in a team oriented environment
- Ability to conduct experiments in a safe and environmentally responsible manner
- Very strong analytical, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Must be able to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Must have excellent communication and technical skills
- Must be well organized with excellent overall computer skills
|Clariant employees are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and supported in their personal Drive for Excellence through on-going professional learning and development, and internal career advancement opportunities.|
|Clariant is an Equal Opportunities Employer|
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Information about the current R&D job opening can be found at:
Michael1 Urbancic <firstname.lastname@example.org>