August 28, 2014
4:30 to 6:00 PM
Pizza and soft drinks will be provided
Please RSVP by Wednesday, August 27 to Lori Vaughn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come learn about a funding opportunity for graduate studies and international opportunities! This is a $30,000 scholarship to fund a graduate degree (Masters, Phd, Law) at an institution outside of the United States.
The purpose of the Global Grant Scholarship is to forge a link between Rotary and the development of skilled professionals aligned with one of the Rotary Foundation’s Six Areas of Focus. District 6900 is prepared to offer up to 2 Global Grant Scholarships for qualified students who will be studying in the 2015-16 academic year. District 6900 seeks candidates who:
• Possess excellent leadership skills and potential
• Demonstrate a proven record of success in academic field and/or vocation
• Demonstrate a commitment to community service
• Have well defined and realistic goals for academic and professional future
• Plan to pursue a career in one of the six areas of focus
• Understand the aims and values of Rotary
Global Grant scholars are individuals who are pursuing a career in one of the Rotary International Six Areas of Focus. Their graduate-level educational goals should support that career interest.
• Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution
• Disease Prevention and Treatment
• Water and Sanitation
• Maternal and Child Health
• Basic Education and Literacy
• Economic and Community Development
Specific eligibility requirements and conditions for global grants include:
• The candidate must be proficient in the native language of the host country.
• The candidate’s program of study must be at the graduate level. The program can be no less than one academic year and no more than four academic years.
• The scholar must be traveling abroad for study.
• The scholarship grant amount is $30,000 for the entire course of study.
• Scholars need to live in the immediate vicinity of approved study institution and in the Host Rotary district so that he/she can participate in the Rotary club and district activities of the Host Club and District.(Host District is the Rotary District in country where scholar is studying).
• Scholarships may not be used for studies that are already underway.