Friday, November 19, 2010

ACS Summer School in Nuclear and Radiochemistry

The program seeks curious and highly motivated students with strong science backgrounds. If selected, these students receive an all-expense paid opportunity to complete a 6 week summer course in Nuclear and Radiochemistry in either CA or NY. They also earn hours (tuition paid) of undergraduate chemistry credit through either San Jose State University or SUNY-Stony Brook. Selected students also receive a stipend of $4,000.

More details are available here

Downloadable application and personal reference forms, can be found here.

The deadline for applications is February 1, 2011.

NOTE FROM DR. SHEPLER: I attended the San Jose State version of this program a million years ago (okay, 12 years ago) in 1998, and it was pretty amazing. I went in interested in nuclear medicine and came out with environmental radiochemistry on my mind, and that's what I ended up doing in graduate school. My fond memories are probably enhanced by the fact that it's where I met Dr. Mr. Shepler--yes I'm such a dork that I met my husband at nuclear summer camp :D If you have questions, please let me know!