Paid Summer Internship Positions At Arizona Chemical
Laboratory Technicians: CHEMISTRY MAJORS
March 15, 2011
Arizona Chemical, global leader in the production of pine chemicals, is seeking Chemistry majors for Summer Internship opportunities in our Savannah, Georgia Science and Technology Center. The internships are hourly paid positions and may be eligible for overtime on occasion. The incumbents will report to senior chemists who will direct the interns’ work in conducting organic/polymer synthesis and application testing of these products. Up to three internship positions are available. Candidates will be selected based on academic qualifications, references, and phone and/or on-site interviews.
• Major in Chemistry from an accredited institution. Sophomore, Junior, or Senior candidates may apply. Hourly rate commensurate with level in school.
• Willingness and commitment to work safely, fully complying with all safety and environmental regulations
• Ability to work in a laboratory environment under the direction of a senior scientist
• Basic knowledge of laboratory equipment and processes and can assemble, operate, and maintain equipment as needed
• Basic knowledge of scientific method
• Familiarity with scientific process documentation, including keeping a detailed laboratory notebook
• Knowledge of computer applications to track and analyze data to include databases, spreadsheets, and statistical programs
• Strong team-work focus
• Ability to prioritize time
Arizona Chemical is an equal opportunity employer. Resumes should be submitted to Kirsten.Asta@AZChem.com. A minimum of one academic reference must be provided with resume. NO PHONE CALLS or walk-ins will be accepted. Resumes cannot be acknowledged due to volume. You will be contacted if selected for an interview.